Naomi photographed by Hao Zeng , Harper’s Bazaar Mexico and Latin America September 2014
The mothers of trayvon martin & sean bell meet mike brown’s mom for the first time. Totally touched my heart…
they need each other
Where are the notes.
White women can become the head of the PTA and black women can come together on CNN to talk about their dead children.
tarot-sybarite said: I missed this. What's "New Black"?
New Black is a term Pharrell Coined where he defines as black people beyond race. etc. "The New Black doesn’t blame other races for our issues”
Black twitter and tumblr dragged him in response and most of us use the term to describe black people that are so deluded by internalized racism and their class that they can no longer relate everyday black people even in the face of racism.
For example; Keke Palmer, Don Lemon, Kanye West, Tamar Braxton, Morgan Freeman, etc
Zoe Saldana is another example.
Shit all this hard work and dedication lmao fxck clothes.
Damn right, I’m already a nudist lol
I Don’t Want To Be “Sort Of Dating” Someone.
I Don’t Want To Be “Kinda Hanging Out” With Someone.
I Don’t Want To Spend A Lot of Energy Suppressing My Feelings So I Appear Uninvolved.
I Want To Be Involved.
I Want To Be Sleeping With Someone I Know I’ll See Again.
Because They’ve Already Demonstrated To Me That They’re Trustworthy And Honorable - -
And Into Me.
As someone who wants to study the human consciousness I found this very interesting.
Scott Routley was a “vegetable”. A car accident seriously injured both sides of his brain, and for 12 years, he was completely unresponsive.
Unable to speak or track people with his eyes, it seemed that Routley was unaware of his surroundings, and doctors assumed he was lost in limbo. They were wrong.
In 2012, Professor Adrian Owen decided to run tests on comatose patients like Scott Routley. Curious if some “vegetables” were actually conscious, Owen put Routley in an fMRI and told him to imagine walking through his home. Suddenly, the brain scan showed activity. Routley not only heard Owen, he was responding.
Next, the two worked out a code. Owen asked a series of “yes or no” questions, and if the answer was “yes,” Routley thought about walking around his house. If the answer was “no,” Routley thought about playing tennis.
These different actions showed activity different parts of the brain. Owen started off with easy questions like, “Is the sky blue?” However, they changed medical science when Owen asked, “Are you in pain?” and Routley answered, “No.” It was the first time a comatose patient with serious brain damage had let doctors know about his condition.
While Scott Routley is still trapped in his body, he finally has a way to reach out to the people around him. This finding has huge implications.
HOLY STEAMING SHITFUCKS
WHY IS EVERYONE NOT LOSING THEIR SHIT ABOUT THIS
What a fucking nightmare, just kill me.
I know a girl who was hit by a drunk driver and in that state for a year. When she woke up the first thing she did was tell off the doctor who tried to convince her mom to pull the plug. She heard *everything* while being called brain dead.
OH MY FUCK
TIGERS: WHY THEY MAKE BAD PETS.
Think having a tiger as a pet is cool? Well think again. Big cats like tigers make VERY bad pets, and I’m going to list a few reasons why. So sit back, relax, and pay attention.
- Feeding a tiger requires much more than just pouring catnip into a bowl. A tiger can eat enough meat that costs you tens of thousands of dollars each year, and that’s only for food.
- Tigers spray their urine to mark their territory, and a lot of it. This is a natural behavior they have and it is unpreventable. When buying a tiger as a pet be prepared to have a house full of nasty-smelling urine. Your pet tiger might even spray it’s urine on you to mark you as their territory. Even after cleaning all the urine, it can still leave your house smelling awful.
- Sure, tigers can be loving and affectionate at times, but that doesn’t mean they can’t turn on you anytime. There has been stories of circus trainers training the same tigers almost everyday for years and ended up getting mauled
- Tigers need around 450 mi^2 of space and keeping them in your home is no different than keeping them in a small cage, even if your home is a bit bigger, it still feels like a prison to them.
- They also need that space to exercise. And a tiger who does not exercise will grow to be an unhealthy tiger and will also end up being bored constantly.
- There are more tigers kept as house pets than there are in the wild in the US (around 10,000-20,000 estimated tigers kept in homes. Only 3,000 in the wild). They’re top of the food chain and keep the rate of deers, antelope, pigs, water buffalos, ect. at a balanced rate. Not to mention they’re endangered species and keeping them as pets does nothing to help them. Without these tigers in the wild there is a chance that their prey can overpopulate.
- Do you even realize the amount of people who wanted to give back their pet tigers after keeping them for even a short period of time because they quickly realized how much work and money it takes to care for a wild animal like a tiger?
- Not to mention the amount of stories of “pet” tigers attacking and sometimes even killing their owners?
- Even if you buy a cub, that cub will still grow up to be an adult tiger and will need to meet the requirements that an adult tiger needs. If you do not give your “pet” tiger it’s full requirements and needs then that would be counted as neglection. Most tiger owners neglect their tigers because they fail to give them what they need.
And there you have it. Tigers never have and never will make good pets and will never be domesticated. If you really want a pet then please visit your local animal shelter and adopt a dog, a cat, or any other domestic animal.
Fun Facts About Buffalo Jumps
A buffalo jump is a cliff that Native Americans used to kill plains bison. Rather than painstakingly hunting each bison that was needed to feed the tribe, the Native Americans would drive herds of bison off the cliff for mass killings. Once the bison had run off the cliff, tribe members would wait below to begin collecting the animals for their meat, skin and fur. To modern people this may seem wasteful or cruel, but it was the most efficient way to feed the tribe, and if bison were hunted individually, they would learn to avoid humans, making hunting all the more harder.
This broke my heart
if you haven’t seen this movie you really need to
what movie is this?
Fruitvale Station everyone if you haven’t seen it PLEASE go watch it
tell EVERYONE about it
it shows Oscar Grant’s life leading up to him getting shot by a cop for no reason and almost no one knows about it
Love this movie
I was tearing up at the end of this movie.
I legit cried for maybe 20 minutes
Page 1 of 788